TELSTRA CORPORATION ( 2001 – 2003 )
Originally called Advantra, before integrating into Telstra Enterprise and Government, the Bid Management team focussed on complex integrated desktop support contracts and strategic telephony account win-backs.
My role as a Bid Manager in required skills to manage a large virtual team with diverse (and unfamiliar) skill sets from all areas of the business to produce a quality tender response within invariably tight timeframes. I was part of a team working on deals worth more than $200m but more regularly managed 3 to 4 deals at a time valued around $15-20m each.
- Management of teams of up to 30 people comprising legal, technical, pricing and commercial specialists
- Determining the most effective way to provide innovative, effective service to potential customers
- Managing the commercial and legal implications of our offering and the supporting submission
- Stakeholder management to deliver commercially viable, profitable and supportable submissions
- Won three strategic deals back from competitors of ongoing importance to Telstra and its market share
TELSTRA BIGPOND ( 2005 – 2010 )
Telstra Media Division generatingsupplementary revenue through the development and operation of complimentary transactional sites, increasing the interaction the core customer base has with the BigPond.com destination.
GROUP MANAGER, WWW.SHOP.BIGPOND.COM ( September 2007 – November 2010)
Championed the creation of this new stream of revenue with Telstra senior management and eventually was piggybacked this model into numerous new sites significantly increasing revenue and traffic to BigPond.com.
- Development &selling-inthe business case for a new e-commerce aggregator site.
- Day to day operations of site, managing vendor, partners, stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- Overall strategic responsibility for product in line with customer drivers including range, focus, growth and marketing
- Ongoing customer analysis of touchpoints to drive a customer centric offering to market
- P&L responsibility for BigPondShopping and www.bigpondtickets.showbiz.com.au
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of promotion strategy including SEO, SEM, product development, brand marketing and tactical campaigns aimed at driving sales and audience, loyalty and repeat purchase.
- Developed BigPondShopping for mobile including extensive user scenarios and product testing
- Winner of the BigPond performance award for 2008 for Outstanding Performance and Results
- Developed the business case and launched www.bigpondtickets.showbiz.com.au and www.travel.bigpond.com .
- Built transaction volume by 200% month on month for the first 12 months
- Introduced an accounting method that allowed recognition of the full transaction amount rather than a portion
MANAGER, MEMBER OFFERS, www.memberoffers.bigpond.com October 2005- November 2010
Member Offers is the BigPond loyalty program, developed to encourage loyalty and first time online shoppers to shop online through discounts and incentives.
- Expanded from 15 partners to 80, the opt-in base from 690,000 to 1.2 million people and revenue passing through the site increased five fold, to more than $6 million per annum without additional overhead.
- Development of revenue-sharing partnerships with key online retailers, securing exclusive offers maintaining the value of the site to members and partners
- Monthly email newsletter to the 1.6 million subscribers and generating advertising revenue without undermining the value of the content
- All activities relating to the day-to-day operation, management and promotion of the Member Offers program including copywriting, development and operation of the Content Management System, site improvements and customer support
- Measuring the impact on loyalty, repeat visits, growth, revenue and profit to BigPond and developing strategies to improve each of these metrics.
- Redesigned the Content Management System to be a scalable workflow system with multiple input points
- Winner monthly and quarterly departmental performance awards for outstanding results and commitment.